Food is the fuel our campers need to make each day the best day ever. Our kosher kitchen serves three well-balanced meals each day. Campers sit with their cabins at all meals and food is served “family style.”
At breakfast we offer a hot main course and a breakfast bar that features cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, and fresh fruit. At lunch and dinner we offer a main course, a vegetable, a side and a dessert. We also have a well stocked salad bar which includes several protein options.
Some of Our Campers' Favorite Meals
- Scrambled eggs with biscuits, hash browns, and fresh-cut fruit
- Breakfast burritos, French toast with fresh melon.
- Home-made chicken fingers with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables
- Make-your-own tacos with ground beef, black beans, corn salsa, and parve sour cream
- Chicken sandwich, tater tots, and broccoli
- Shabbat: Baked chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, challah, matzah ball soup, and grape juice
- Macaroni and cheese with fish sticks, cornbread, and broccoli
- Fresh pizza with minestrone soup, Caesar salad, and carrots and celery sticks
- Pasta with your choice of marinara or alfredo sauce served with breadsticks, sautéed mushrooms and onions, and mixed vegetables
- Grilled cheese sandwich, corn chips, tomato soup
Hamburgers, veggie burgers, or hotdogs with baked beans, coleslaw, pasta salad, and watermelon.
Food Allergies and Dietary Preferences
Our food service staff ensure we can easily accommodate a variety of dietary preferences and food allergies. The kitchen takes the time and care to prepare separate, alternative meals to accommodate vegetarian and vegan diets, gluten intolerance, fructose intolerance, lactose intolerance, celiacs disease, dairy allergies, and egg allergies. To accommodate a growing number of nut allergies Camp Wise does not serve nut products or products made in a facility that also processes nuts.
Each afternoon campers get to choose a snack from our famous red “Canteen Wagons” during their village’s free swim period. There are a variety of choices. Campers also get a pre-bedtime snack. Fresh fruit is available all day should a camper need a snack during a non-meal time.